Good health equals improved attendance! We know what a challenge it can be for parents and teachers to keep kids healthy; especially during the winter months when the cold and flu germs are everywhere!
Here are some quick reminders to review with your students that will help to teach them good habits:
- Make sure your students wash their hands throughout the day (particularly after coughing, sneezing, or using the restroom). The CDC recommends you wash your hands for the duration of the song- “Happy Birthday” to ensure effective hand washing.
- It helps to to have hand sanitizer products on hand that are designed for quick and easy access such as Premoistened Sanitizing Hand Wipes or a Hand Sanitizer Dispenser at your desk ;
- Stock up on boxes of tissue to place in strategic places in your classroom (activity areas, on your desk);
- Limit activities that involve lots of hand contact;
- Encourage your students to sneeze and cough into a tissue (never in their hands) then throw it away.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides printable tips and resources to post in your classroom for more germ prevention tips in your work and school.
- Keep a well stocked first aid kit by your side for emergencies
Which leads us to this week’s Classroom Giveaway! We are giving away a School First Aid Fanny Pack with all of the essentials you would need for school playground use, field trips or any outside excursion. This kit includes 47 pieces and retails for $32.35……BUT it could be yours free if you enter to win our weekly giveaway:
- Visit our Facebook page before Friday December 17 at 12pm EST/9am PST and tell us how you are preparing your classroom or student group for cold and flu season-OR- Share your best first aid tip…..
- For extra credit (which counts BIG time): 1) You can leave a comment on this blog post; 2) subscribe to our newsletter (indicate this in your wall comment) 3). Send me your reply via Twitter: @schoodoodle
- We will select a winner on Friday and announce on our page.