School Supplies > Elementary & Upper Grades > Teach Social Studies > Teaching American History > Mysteries in History: American History
||Product #: TCR3047|
Mysteries in History: American History
- What became of the lost colony at Roanoke?
- Who really discovered the Americas?
- What caused the Salem witch trials?
Challenge students to explore several important unexplained events that helped shape history. Students use primary source materials, posters, and simulations to find clues and to make informed decisions about these events. There are no "right" or "wrong" answers. These real-life mysteries encourage students to research, think, debate, and form conclusions.
The activities target standards in these areas:
- relationships and patterns in history
- historical perspective
- map skills
- functions of law in society
- presentation skills