|Product #: SC-810925|
THE ULTIMATE READ ALOUD RESOURCE
Out of Stock
Notify me when it's in stock
In this book, award-winning children's author and acclaimed educator Lester L. Laminack provides guidelines, lessons, and resources for making every read-aloud experience intentional and instructional. Central to Laminack's message is his breakthrough thinking about the value and importance of "Best Friend Books" — a small, carefully curated collection that you turn to repeatedly for specific teaching purposes.
You'll also find:
- Step by step lessons for "first visits" and "return visits" with recommended Best Friend Books—clear guidelines for digging deeply into the books and enriching students' understanding of content and craft.
- Links to an online resource bank that contains "Spotlight on Lester" videos and graphic organizers for you and downloadables for your students.
- "What the Research Says" boxes that point to studies supporting Laminack's professional advice.
- A list of Laminack's favorite Best Friend Books to date, annotated and alphabetically organized.
- "Home Visit" boxes that contain tips and tools for welcoming families into the work
Submit a review