|Product #: GAL9780635112408_TQ|
Michigan Primary Sources (eBook) (Resource Book Only) eBookGrade 3|Grade 4|Grade 5|Grade 6|Grade 7|Grade 8
Please Note: This ebook is a digital download, NOT a physical product. After purchase, you will be provided a one time link to download ebooks to your computer. Orders paid by PayPal require up to 8 business hours to verify payment and release electronic media. For immediate downloads, payment with credit card is required.
The Michigan Primary Sources is a pack of 20 primary source documents that are relevant to the history in Michigan.
The Michigan Primary Sources will help your students build common core skills including:
- Critical Thinking
- Point of View
- Compare and Contrast
- Order of Events
- And Much More!
Perfect for gallery walks and literature circles! Great research and reference materials!
The Michigan Primary Sources Documents are:
1. Portrait of General Orlando B. Willcox - Union general from Michigan - 1860
2. Advertisement for Gale's horse hay rake - 1875
3. Map of railroads in Michigan in 1876
4. Photograph of workers hauling timber in Michigan - 1880
5. Photograph of workers loading copper mined in Michigan onto a steamer ship in Houghton, MI - 1905
6. Photograph of the Malleable Iron Works - 1905
7. Photograph of excursion logging train in Harbor Springs, Michigan - 1906
8. Photograph of Michigan Agricultural College - 1912
9. Photograph of Ford Motor Company's assembly line - 1913
10. Advertisement for Kellogg's Toasted Corn Flakes - company founded in Battle Creek - 1915
11. Portrait of Henry Ford - 1919
12. Photograph of Smykowski Brothers Grocery in Detroit - owned by Polish immigrants - 1922
13. Photograph of Henry Ford with the first Model T and the ten millionth Ford produced - June 4, 1924
14. Photograph of workers inspecting filled boxes of Kellogg's cereal before boxes are sealed - 1934
15. Employees working drill presses at Ford's Willow Run plant - constructed during WWII by Ford Motor Company to produce the B-24 Liberator bomber - 1942
16. Photograph of Chief Justice Warren Burger administering the oath of office to Gerald Ford, Michigan native and 38th President of the United States - 1974
17. Satellite image of the Great Lakes from space - 2000
18. Photograph of the home of Motown Records in Detroit - founded by music producer and entrepreneur Berry Gordy - photo taken 2007
19. Photograph of a freighter passing under the Mackinac Bridge - connects Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas - 2009
20. Population density map of Michigan based on the 2010 census
Your students will:
...think critically and analytically, interpret events, and question various perspectives of history.
...participate in active learning by creating their own interpretations instead of memorizing facts and a writer's interpretations.
...integrate and evaluate information provided in diverse media formats to deepen their understanding of historical events.
...experience a more relevant and meaningful learning experience.
Each primary resource is printed on sturdy 8.5" X 11" cardstock.
Submit a review