|Product #: COR9781412971317|
DIFFERENTIATION AT WORK GRADES K-5
Watch what happens when educators put differentiation to work in real classrooms!
Every student has unique learning styles, interests, and preferences. By differentiating instruction, teachers can reach all the students in their classroom, from struggling students to the gifted. Based on research and the authors' experiences at one remarkable elementary school, Differentiation at Work, K--5 describes what schoolwide differentiation looks like in real classrooms.
Lane Narvaez and Kay Brimijoin show school administrators how differentiated instruction can be successfully implemented schoolwide and provide teachers with authentic tools for the classroom. Readers will find:
* Nine sample lesson plans from a variety of disciplines and grade levels, with materials included
* Voices of teachers, students, and other members of the school community describing their experiences with differentiation
* A chapter on supporting schoolwide implementation through coaching
* Preassessments to determine students' prior knowledge
* Strategies for designing and refining lessons
* Applications at the district level
This hands-on resource demonstrates how increased student achievement can become a reality when the entire school focuses on making differentiation work.
Submit a review